Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year! Nu Life!

Hello and Happy New Year!
As most of you are aware, my 'new' life actually began in 2013. And my 'nu' life started in October.
Allow me to explain:
For a few years now I've known that my son would not be returning to California to live. That meant that at some point I would likely be moving closer so that a visit would no longer be a major expense in terms of time and money. 
Around the same time, several friends lost a parent. Sometimes two. I began to notice that in addition to the heartbreak and loss, they also had the added issue of dealing with the aftermath in terms of paperwork and possessions. In many cases that involved time, travel, and lost time at work or, more importantly, with family.
And I realized that if, or when, something happened to me, that Evan would have to deal with all that on his own.
Putting two and two together, I decided to do the work for him. I would list my condo when the market was favorable, downsize and store all the important, valuable and nostalgic things in one place near him in Colorado. And I would live in an RV until I knew where in Colorado I would settle. By September, all of that had taken place and by October, I was in my RV.
Hence, the 'nu'. 


According to the definition in their facebook group, NuRVer.com is a group for the next wave of RVers. The NüRVer breaks the mold of the traditional RVer stereotype. We set out on the road to fun & adventure in a slightly different way. Many of us have found Nü and inventive ways to make a living while living our dream.
NüRVers describes more of the spirit and less of a specific thing. The NüRVer is bold, adventurous, not afraid to do things that others don't find "normal".

Several of my friends have suggested I blog about this new, nu life, so here it is.
My intention is to title each entry clearly enough to allow the reader to move on if the subject is not of interest to him or her as I don't wish to bore anyone. 
Let's see how, or shall I say where, that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment